A Company that cares about your success in life!
For several years Buildsafe has successfully provided safety systems and solutions within the building and construction space, with our list of clients being the majority of the states “top” project builders.
Our architecturally designed Head Office is based at Arundel on the Gold Coast, with over 15 branches and entities located throughout Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Already having experienced considerable growth, Buildsafe is soon to expand even further with the addition of new entities.
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a Purchasing Officer to join our Buildsafe team.
You will be a SUPERSTAR with the ability to build strong relationships and rapport with key internal and external stakeholders. You will have the ability to multi task whilst making important decisions, in addition to coping with the pressure of demanding targets and deadlines.
This is an opportunity for a high achiever to join the Buildsafe team, to share the same values as we do and commit to making a difference.
About the role
As the Purchasing Officer you will be responsible for the timely procurement of goods and services for Buildsafe Queensland, ensuring cost effectiveness matches quality. Further to this you will also consider availability, reliability and service support when choosing suppliers and products.
Your key responsibilities/tasks will consist of;
· Stock and inventory control, ensuring delivery schedules and deadlines are met
· Raise and process PO’s in NetSuite, ensuring items are coded correctly
· Ordering of consumables and stock for QLD branches and Head Office
· Purchasing of new fleet vehicles and liaising with various departments to ensure a smooth transaction
· Complete End of Month reporting
· Ad hoc administration as requested by senior management
· Negotiation of purchase prices and conditions with suppliers
· Experience with fleet management
· Proven background in purchasing and supply chain
· High level of communication and time management
· Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to identify errors
· Commercial acumen
· Confidence with understanding agreements and identifying any areas that need to be changed or renewed
· Ability to work under pressure and be proactive
· Experience with inter entity transactions, items and inventory
· Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
· Ability to work unsupervised
We can offer you a great working environment, with a company committed to creating a healthy “REAL” culture that we are very proud of including a strong commitment to staff leadership and development programs as well as unique staff benefits and incentives.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org